This chapter is also on Prince Sedrim’s Point of View, with a few parts on Aria’s Point of view.
Chapter 90 – Misunderstandings 2
I was late to our appointment because of being stopped by Aria and Chiffon…!
The bell of 5 oa��clock rang a while back, so I was definitely late.
Generally speaking, we have around half an hour of room for error, but I have a feeling Sakura was there since before the bell rang.
My walking pace quickly increased to a hurried one..
When I finally saw the gate, I was already running out of breath.
…… There is someone at the gate.
It was still a small figure, and I knew it was Sakura, so I ran with all my strength.
Why is the gate so far away…!?
Even if I say that, I am the late one, so I need to hurry.
a�?Ia��m really sorry, did I keep you waiting?a�?
I ran over to Sakura and asked while recovering my breath
a�?No, I just arrived as well.a�?
She was not angry about my late arrival and answered gently.
…… Though even if she said a while ago, it was probably before the bell rang. Even if it was still within the accepted amount, she must still have waited quite a bit.. Even so, she still giggled with a dazzling smile.
If only I came before the bell rang…
I regret it, but I cana��t do anything about it now. Next time, Ia��ll head out with more time to move. I swore it to my own heart.
a�?Good morning. Thank you for inviting me today.a�?
While I was repenting in my mind, Sakura voice turned my attention back to the present. And with this, I noticed she looked different from usual.
Sakura was wearing a pink thin dress and a light blue cardigan that goes well with her. It was simple, but it made her cuteness stand out even more.
Her manners were very polite though, acting as if we werena��t very familiar with each other.1
While being fascinated by her, I managed to make a reply.
a�?Aah… Today you… Came quite different from usual?a�?
I wish I could say more nifty things, but this was all I could manage.
a�?Because we wona��t be making any intense movement today … Does it not suit me?a�?
…… Again, it seems like I need to learn how to express myself properly.
That said, I cana��t simply let Sakura have an expression like that…
a�?No, that’s not it! It suits you…… Rather, isna��t it quite cute?a�?
Ita��s pathetic, but that was the best I could come up with.
Sakuraa��s cheek dyed red after hearing it.
…… I hold back my impulse of hugging her. That figure that was just like a spring fairy.
However, her next comment completely blew me away.
a�?Than-thank you very much… You are also looking pretty good, Quite attractive in fact.a�?
…… Aah, I was worried about it, but Ia��m glad I chose these clothes…!
I looked up to the skies and thanked the gods.2
a�?Uh, ah…… I-is that so? Sometimes this kind of clothes are good right…?a�?
I managed to return with that somehow, ita��s frustrating to be this embarrased.
In that case, I wish I paid more attention to the stories from the knightsa��!
a�?The-there is no point in staying here anymore, should we go to the garden?a�?
I was startled by her words.
Thata��s right, I invited Sakura today to show the garden to her. I forgot the original goal due to Sakuraa��s cuteness!!
Even if just seeing her figure already achieved more than half of todaya��s purpose, she is still looking forward to seeing the garden.
…… I’d be even happier if she came for the sake of meeting me though….
While I do think that, leta��s not let it get in the way, Ia��ll be a good guide, and if everything goes well, she might want to come again..
a�?Oh yeah, I will show you around. Please follow me.a�?
While trying to calm down my fast beating heart, I spoke as calmly as possible. Taking Sakuraa��s lugged with me, we started walking towards the castle.
However, my body froze at the moment I tried moving.
What!? Sakura held my hand!
So soft, though she also wields a sword, ita��s very different from mine or the knightsa��, really soft and small hands are gripping mine!
No way, I never imagined this kind of thing could happen, I looked at her face while completely amazed.
And found a mischievous smile there.
…… She is playing with me.
She is watching my reaction, I have react smartly and show that I can handle this much…
I turned forward and walked towards the garden.
…… Ita��s okay, ita��s no big deal to hold our hands. I hope she doesna��t mind if I hold it a big tightly to confirm the feel of her hard….
If possible, I would like to keep our hands together.
While searching for Sedrim Nii-sama, I arrived at the castlea��s gate.
Since there is no cover here, we had no choice but watch Onii-sama and Sakura-chan from far away.
a�?Aah, I cana��t hear what theya��re sayinga��! I wonder if we cana��t get closer…a�?
Ia��m sorry for complaining, but I hope you can forgive me for it5, because seeing such nice air around them, but not knowing any details is akin to torture!
a�?Please calm down, theya��ll notice if you get closer. Ah, they have a pretty nice atmosphere out there, dona��t they? Maybe something will finally come of it?a�?
a�?But I cana��t be sure of it if I dona��t know the details!a�?
Though Chiffona��s words are pretty logical, I cana��t do anything about my frustration!
If only I knew magic, I could pick up the conversationa�� !
a�?Ah, Please look at that! Sakura-samaa��s hand is…!a�?
a�?What is it!? I see, theya��re having a secret date today! Since ita��s like this, they could prepare themselves more! a�?
a�?Hime-sama6, please hide! The two of them are coming towards usa�?
Thinking about it, theya��ll definitely leave this place holding hands, and there is no way to reach the town through here…. Then, it will be easy to follow them…
We hid behind the pillars and waited until they passed.
We kept waiting for a while to make sure they were gone, and then I signaled to Chiffon and Okaa-sama.7
a�?Saa, Leta��s chase, before they get away!!a�?
I absolutely wona��t miss such an important moment!
Walking while holding hands is quite embarrassing, still, Ia��m very happy about it. The feeling of being connected with the one I love is a great one.
We barely talked anything until we reached the garden, but I felt our hands still conveyed our existences to one another.
When we got to the gardena��s entrance, the guards were startled. They probably saw our connected hands.
However, their faces quickly got back to normal, as expected.
…… Will this be known by the entire castle by todaya��s end…? Tomorrow morning, no, tonight Ia��ll probably be asked something by Aria and mother8…. I hope I can give them a good answer them.
While thinking about that, we passed the soldiers and entered the garden.
Sakura seemed to be nervous, but her face changed to as smile once we got in.
She looked around while interested on the blooming flowers. Occasionally, shea��d ask the name of one, but I dona��t understand know much about them. No, I do know about common flowers…. But I couldna��t answer even 10% of what she asked.
Sakura didna��t seem to mind though, but I think it woulda��ve been better if I coulda��ve answered quickly? Sakura seems to be enjoying the sight, I guess women do like flowers after all.9
… Un, knowing a bit about those things is good. On that matter, when one of the knights gives flowers to a woman, they usually mind what it means on the language of flowers. Apparently ita��s no good to just send anything….
There are many things one need to learn to reach a womana��s heart, such as how to escort her or which flowers to give..
Ia��m still unused to those matters, but I hope Sakura enjoys today at least.
As I thought that….
a�?Prince, are the queen and princess Aria not here?a�?
I felt frustrated rather than surprised by her sudden words. Wasna��t today a meeting with me? I didna��t want to hear about them now….
I feel that it is better to meet them than to meet me somehow.
Ia��d like to deny it, but there is no way I can do that.
a�?… The two of them? They should be somewhere in the castle. What about it?a�?
I quietly returned the question while being careful to not show my emotions.
a�?If you need to see them, do you want to go after the two?a�?
She seemed to be thinking about it, so I asked that.
If I was the one answering …. I wouldna��t want to see them right now.
However, that anxiety was all for naught.
a�?No, it was nothing I particular … I was just asking.a�?
To be honest, Ia��m relieved she said that, I was thinking she didna��t want to spend time with me.
While we were chasing Sedrim Nii-sama, we found a convenient person.
That girl is definitely one of Rena��s10 disciples. So she should know magic…. In other words, we can hear the conversation of those two from far away!
I decided to catch her at once
a�?You, there, yes, you. Come with us for a bit!a�?
What about their circumstances? Such a thing doesna��t matter when compared to our mission! Even if something happens, I can always rely on Okaa-sama. With her, I can even take someone that is doing an errand for Otou-sama!11
Dragging her without giving any explanation, we walked through the corridor while tracking Onii-sama.
Fortunately, due to Sakuraa��s small steps, Onii-sama didna��t walk much, and was quickly found.
a�?The garden…? Onii-sama, you chose a place where you can be alonea��?a�?
Nobody can enter the garden without a member of the royal family. Not only that, although we call it a garden, ita��s pretty big. It wouldna��t be strange to spare a day there. In other words, ita��s quite unlikely to find anyone else in there, we dona��t even visit it that frequently in the first place.
a�?Kyaa! Onii-sama is bringing Sakura-chan to do that!?… It cana��t be… Isna��t that lustful!? Sakura-chana��s purity is on our hands! Saa, let’s go! a�?
The three of us12 entered the garden to chase after Onii-sama.
- Not sure if I got this right. (a???��a��a�?a?�???a??a?�e��a��?S?a��a??a?�?��a?�a??a�?e��?�?a�?a?�a????�a??a??a��a��a??a?�a��c�?a��?�?a?�a???�Ya??a?Ya��) ↩
- Plural and singular isna��t that easy to discern in Japanese, Ia��m not quite sure if he meant a single god or many godsa�� Since I honestly forgot if they ever mentioned anything about deities (aside from Sakuraa��s own experiences that is) and their beliefs, I decided to go with the plural since ita��s more common on this kind of settinga�� Here is the sentence anyway. (a��?�?a�?a?sa��a��e��a?Sa?�a?�a�?c?za?�?�Ye�?a?�a?Ya��) ↩
- This a�?smarta�?, and the next occurrences as well, is on Katakana (a�?a?za??a?? – read as sumaato), so, he is using the English word on those phrasesa�� I think he means it as a�?coola�? or something, but Ia��m not completely sure. Using English words gives a bit of a stylish feel IIRC, so ita��s probably thata�� Probably. ↩
- I reaaaaaally wanted to phrase this better, but he also used a�?pointa�? in Katakana (a??a��a??a?? – read as pointo), so I put it like this to keep the word usage. ↩
- She seems to be talking to the reader, just like Sakura does at times. ↩
- Hime means princess, I could just translate it as a�?Princess-samaa�?, but that sounds ugly, so I kept the Japanese worda�� Besides, ita��s not an uncommon word in fantasy settings, so I think it should be well enough known. ↩
- I forgot to put this on the last chapter, soa�� Just in case, Okaa-sama means a�?mothera�? (in a very respectful way), I think everyone reading already knows this, but it doesna��t hurt to be sure. ↩
- Differently from Aria, he refers to his mother as a�?hahauea�? (???a?S), ita��s a polite term, but not as polite as Okaa-samaa�� I dona��t have a good way of translating it, and keeping it as is would be a bit weird for mea�� Ita��s more of a stylistic choice I guess, but I decided to just tranlate it to mother. ↩
- The raws actually mention that he heard women like looking at flowers, but I didna��t find a good way to put that into the sentence, so I decided to just mention it on the footnote. (a???��a??a?�a?�a��a?�a??c�?a??a?�eS�a??a??a??a?�a??e?za?�a?�a?�a��a��) ↩
- I think Ren was the current head mage? Ia��m not sure, ita��s been so long since I read the early chapters that I forgot the names. ↩
- Otou-sama (a?Sc?�?�?) is a very respectful way of saying a�?fathera�?. ↩
- The raws clearly say a�?3 peoplea�? (i?�a??), buta�� She also dragged the apprentice with hera�� >.> ↩